Saturday 3 May 2014

If ..........



Week 17

I don't have an 'i' but I shall share this poem that starts with an IF.. I wrote it about a decade ago. My brother and I had gotten into a debate about the past and it not existing anymore. I found myself writing this.

                              ----------------

If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear as it is infinite. - William Blake

There are things known and things unknown and in between are the doors of perception. - Jim Morrison

It has always seemed to me possible that by taking the appropriate drug, I might so change my ordinary mode of consciousness as to be able to know, from the inside, what the visionary, the medium, even the mystic were talking about.

But the man who comes back through the Door in the Wall will never be quite the same as the man who went out.  He will be less self-satisfied, humbler in acknowledging his ignorance yet better equipped to understand the relationship of words to things, of systematic reasoning to the unfathomable Mystery which it tries forever, vainly, to comprehend. - Aldous Huxley

Every now and then, you have to go back through the door of your past and see exactly what brought you to the present -where you are now. By looking at your past in this way, you can recognise how much you have truly grown as a person, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. The doors of the past should never be shut, as they will inevitable seal the progression of your future self. - Blue Crow


Need I say more....? No really, do I need to? lol... that's your lot, for now.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.