Friday 6 June 2014

Keeper

Week 22


I was just looking for inspiration for this weeks subject, when the word 'keeper' popped in to my head. I'm not entirely sure I can put this into words, as it's a deep rooted feeling.  I'll give it a try though.

I'm staring blankly at the screen here.... how do I word this? Ahhhh!

Ok it's nearly an hour since I started this....

Connection with the land. Being it's keeper. Walking the land, looking at the woods, seeing the energies, feeling the land beneath your feet and feeling it light up around you. You open up. You SEE. You FEEL.

For me, the place I'm Keeper of is the woods in the village where I grew up.  My meditation place is those woods, even though it's 200 miles away now. I grew up playing in those woods. I know all those trees, all those dells, all those paths and the secret places to sit under the big holly trees.  It's part of me.

I was trying to find the Terry Pratchett quote about Tiffany Aching but can't find the exact words. It goes something like this: She is part of the land, she tells the hills who they are and they tell her who she is.

That. It's like that. Memories of walking the Songlines sneak in .. and back out again. I will rediscover that memory when I'm meant to.

We all have that place we feel we are Keeper of.  Where we are connected to. More than other places we love.

Here's some pictures of my place. Those are all the words I can think of right now.. but you get the gist.

So peaceful here

Lightning oak - has since been chopped down.
I have a section of it which one day I may turn into a bowl..


The huge horse chestnut trees shadow

My old lady hornbeam. A really old one too. Diseased and since chopped down.
I collected drop wood from her for wands and staff

Under the holly trees canopy you can hide


Bridge over the 'river' it's actually a flood plain


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.