Monday 8 September 2014

Quartz

Week 33

Quartz egg selfie
QUARTZ

Ok, I admit it, I had a real job trying to figure out what I was going to write for the Q blogs. I didn't want to be that obvious and just do quartz but after spending a few hours trying to think of something else, I just kept coming back to quartz and my love of them.

I don't want to do a crystal guide. I don't want to tell you about what they are for and what they can be used for. Instead, I have photographed my own collection of quartz and will create this as a picture blog.  There are many varieties of quartz, too many to list here but I can recommend Melody's book 'Love is in the earth'.  There's no pictures but the book is a good 2 inches thick and packed full of crystal information, including ones you've never heard of before.  Click any of the images to see full size.

This piece stand at approx 6 inches and is a big lump of awesome. Cloudy at the bottom and clear at the top, it really feels lovely to hold.





Lithium quartz, a strange milky reddy-brown

Double terminated at both ends, approx 7-8 inches long. More pics below.

 



Green phantom quartz
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.