Tuesday 9 September 2014

Raven Bran

Week 36



Raven Bran

Bran was a young man that found the early Warband in the 1990's. I met him in Arthur's book and grew to admire this wild youth who was very much part of Arthur's quest to find who he was. Sadly Bran (aka Andrew) took his own life in 2007 and his mum Maggie came on to the old forum to let us all know.  We were invited to his passing over ceremony at the Sanctuary in Avebury.  We left the Red Lion and walked up the Avenue to the Sanctuary and then gave him to the winds on top of that hill, over looking his favourite sacred places.  This is the poem I wrote at the time.

Hail and farewell Bran /|\

*********

Talisman found and interred for King and Land
Raven found and set free. Bringer of magic
Left us to re-enter the Great Mystery.
May he return to us carrying messages
Courier of intention, healing energy and thought
Messenger of these things on the Blue Road of spirit

I felt your presence on the cool northern winds

I felt your presence in the hearts around me
I felt your body, cupped in my hands
I felt you connect within 
I wanted to hold you a bit longer but had to let you go
I wished I had met you then and not now

We released you to the winds of the land

We stood united in circle and cried
We felt the pain in the hearts of those around us
We felt the cool northern winds in our hair, in our faces
We turned to the hills and let you go
We wanted to hold onto you a bit longer but had to let you go.



The Avenue, Avebury


Cliff passing over Bran with Terry Dobney, Ghyll (RIP), Susanna

My lovely friend John Coyler, our long walk back down the Avenue


Maggie being raised Summer Solstice 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.